Benefits at a Glance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical: Comprehensive medical insurance provides our employees and their eligible dependents access to in-network and out-of-network benefits such as copays, pharmacy benefits, annual vision exams, preventative care coverage, and annual physical coverage with copay. Full time employees become eligible for medical benefits on the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Supplemental Insurance Plan: Full time employees interested in Dental, Vision, Accident, Cancer, or Critical Illness insurance can contact the center’s appointed insurance provider for quotes and enrollment information.
- Flex Spending Account: Voluntary benefit that allows employees to elect pre-tax payroll dollars to be set aside to help pay for eligible health and/or dependent care expenses.
Protection for the Future
- Life and accident insurance: Coverage plans include a center paid benefit providing no cost coverage to full time employees. Also, elected plans offered with the option to purchase supplemental coverage for employee, spouse, and children. Employees become eligible for these benefits the 1st of the month after 90 days of employment.
- Short-term disability: Income protection available in the event of a non-work-related injury. Employees are eligible for this benefit on the 1st of the month after 90 days of employment.
- 401a Retirement Plan: Diverse investment options with Betty Hardwick Center contributions help employees save for retirement. Employees are eligible for this benefit after one year of service.
- 457 Voluntary Retirement Plan: A defined contribution retirement plan that is available for full time employees over the age of 21, and allows an opportunity for additional pre-tax saving.
- Roth IRA Retirement Plan: A voluntary retirement plan that allows full time employees over the age of 21 to contribute after-tax payroll up to limited amounts for retirement savings.
- Vacation and Holidays: Paid time off allowing our employees well-deserved time away from work.
- Family and Medical Leave: Job protection to provide care related to a child’s birth or adoption, or for employee’s or a family member’s serious health condition.
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential off-site counseling for our employees and their families to assist in handling sensitive personal and family matters.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): All regular full-time employees accrue PTO leave based on tenure with Betty Hardwick Center. Accrual rate increases are based on length of service and number of hours worked per regular workweek. Initial accruals are earned at the rate of 5.25 hours per pay period for regular full-time employees.
- September 1, 2014 – Monday – Labor Day
- November 27, 2014 – Thursday – Thanksgiving Day
- November 28, 2014 – Friday – Day after Thanksgiving Day
- December 25, 2014 –Thursday– Christmas Day
- December 26, 2014 – Friday – Day after Christmas
- January 1, 2015 –Thursday – New Year’s Day
- January 19, 2015 – Monday – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 3, 2015– Friday – Good Friday
- May 25, 2015 – Monday – Memorial Day
- July 3, 2015 – Friday – Independence Day Observed
- **Diversity/Family Day – FLOATING – Must be scheduled and approved in advance by supervisor.
**Some Possible dates to choose from might include your Birthday, Anniversary, Family Events, Special Religious or Cultural Holidays