Adult MH Rehab CM/QMHP-CS-Taylor County
This position provides a variable level of support to consumers with mental health issues. This includes, but is not limited to providing assistance in accessing medical, social, educational, or other appropriate support services as well as linkage to more intensive services if needed, in addition to monitoring, assessment of service needs, service planning and coordination. This position is responsible for carrying a caseload of adults and for providing Rehab Case Management services within Levels of Care 1, 2 and 3 for adults within the Texas Resilency and Recovery model of treatment. Responsible for insuring that the Recovery Plan is developed and designed based upon ANSA calculations and the Authorized Level of Care. This position requires intervention and frequent in-person, long-term contact with individuals, families, and service providers. This position requires the ability to: identify problem/need areas; work under pressure and stressful situations in a professional manner; be thorough in assessment and documentation; locate and utilize a variety of community resources to meet the needs of each individual; assist in negotiating and advocating for each individual with service entities outside the Center; and develop a positive relationship with each consumer and their LAR where applicable. This position is responsible for direct assessment of the consumer's living environment and for providing spontaneous assistance as needs arise. This position provides a basic level of rehabilitative services addressing daily and independent living skills such as opportunities to acquire and improve skills for problem solving, accessing services and community resources, obtaining and maintaining safe, affordable housing, communicating effectively, appropriate socialization, and developing a natural support system. This position may require the use of a private vehicle for job duties/responsibilities. This position must maintain monthly performance targets. Duties are performed under the supervision of the Mental Health Program Administrator, with some latitude for the exercise of independent judgement.
Betty Hardwick Center is a Tobacco Free Campus for all employees.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in social, behavioral, or human services. Prefer one year of full-time work experience in the human services field, preferably including case management experience.
• Must qualify as a QMHP-CS under the new Medicaid guidelines.
• Requires work or volunteer experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas: employment acquisition, housing, budgeting, community resource acquisition, etc. and the ability to communicate that knowledge to others.
• Must possess a current Texas driver's license and qualify for Center coverage.
• Must have an insured personal vehicle to be used for Center duties/responsibilities.