2616 South Clack
Abilene, TX 79606
Phone: (325) 690-5100
24-Hour Crisis Hot Line: (800)758-3344
This position will be responsible for providing clerical support to the MH Crisis Jail Diversion. Duties will include the provision/monitoring and oversight of daily activities of the Unit including maintenance of various tracking systems, billing reports, running monthly department reports, vehicle maintenance and overall unit operations. This position will work cooperatively with other departments and the community in a professional and knowledgeable manner, always ensuring consumer rights are respected and observed. Computer proficiency, skills in written and oral communication, problem solving, and teamwork are essential to this position.
This position requires attention to detail, ability to incorporate trauma informed principals into the job, and have the ability to multi-task and manage priorities. This person functions as a part of the Crisis team, and needs to embrace the teamwork concept. Good communications skills are a must.
This position reports directly to the Program Administrator.
All Betty Hardwick Center campuses are Tobacco Free. Use of any tobacco products is not permitted on any of our grounds.
Betty Hardwick Center strives to provide a trauma-sensitive culture of safety, compassion and choice. We value applicants who have training and personal experience in Trauma Informed Care.
• Must have High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Prefer minimum of 2 years successful college-level course completion or Associate Degree in Office Management.
• Must be proficient in functional office operations and various computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Client Data System.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
• Experience working with persons with mental illness is preferred.
• Must possess a current Texas driver’s license and qualify for Center insurance coverage.