Benefits at a Glance
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical PPO Plan: Comprehensive medical insurance provides our employees and their eligible dependents access to in-network and out-of-network benefits such as co-pays, pharmacy benefits, annual vision exams, preventative care coverage, and annual physical coverage. Full time employees become eligible for medical benefits on the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Flex Spending Account: Voluntary benefit that allows employees to elect pre-tax payroll dollars to be set aside to help pay for eligible health and/or dependent care expenses.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP): Employees have the option to choose a HDHP with a Health Savings Account (HSA). The Center puts a predetermined amount of money in each employee’s HSA account who chooses this plan.
- Ameritas Dental/Vision: This is available to employees who are interested. Premiums are payroll deducted and are fully paid by the employee.
- Supplemental Insurance Plan: Full time employees interested in Accident, Cancer, or Critical Illness insurance can contact the center’s appointed insurance provider for quotes and enrollment information.
Protection for the Future
- Life and accident insurance: Coverage plans include a center paid benefit providing no cost coverage to full time employees. Also, elected plans offered with the option to purchase supplemental coverage for employee, spouse, and children. Employees become eligible for these benefits the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Short-term disability: Income protection available in the event of a non-work-related injury. Employees are eligible for this benefit on the 1stof the month after 60 days of employment.
- 401a Retirement Plan: Diverse investment options with Betty Hardwick Center contributions help employees save for retirement. Employees are eligible for this benefit after one year of service and are vesting on a graduated schedule, according to tenure. This is a center paid benefit to all full-time employees.
- 403b/457 Voluntary Retirement Plans: A voluntary tax-deferred retirement plan that allows all employees to voluntarily contribute pre-tax dollars. All employees may enroll at any time and contribute as little as 1% per paycheck.
- Roth IRA Retirement Plan: A voluntary retirement plan that allows full time employees to contribute after-tax payroll up to limited amounts for retirement savings.
- College Savings Plan: This offers employees a tax-advantaged way to save for education expenses, such as tuition, room and board, and required equipment, books and supplies for higher education. The benefit allows family members, friends and even the beneficiary to contribute to the account.
- Vacation and Holidays: Paid time off allowing our employees well-deserved time away from work.
- Family and Medical Leave: Job protection to provide care related to a child’s birth or adoption, or for employee’s or a family member’s serious health condition.
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential off-site counseling for our employees and their families to assist in handling sensitive personal and family matters.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): All regular full-time employees accrue PTO leave based on tenure with Betty Hardwick Center. Accrual rate increases are based on length of service and number of hours worked per regular workweek. Initial accruals are earned at the rate of 5 hours per pay period for regular full-time employees.
- The Center typically recognizes about eleven holidays each year. See HR for the current year’s schedule.